What a long day

My mother had to go to the Repatriation General Hospital to have an injection in her shoulder, but we couldn’t have it that simple. When she went in to have her blood pressure test, they decided that 235/90 was too high. The doctor gave her some medication to lower the blood pressure, but explained that he was well within his legal rights to send her to the Flinders Hospital. Fortunately the medication worked and the blood pressure dropped to a level where she could have the injection.


On the way home we stopped off at Castle Plaza shopping centre. It isn’t all that great, but they did have some chickens feet.


A nice bit of rain here, but nothing at home.

When I got home and was unloading the car, Rassilon KNEW they were in the car, even though they were in sealed packs. He started bouncing around, so I opened a pack and watched the grey madness as he did zoomies around the garden.

As he was racing around I got a foot out and held it out. He hardly slowed as he raced past and the foot vanished from my hand. He did the same thing 3 times.

So tomorrow I have 4 packs of chickens feet to bag up (bags of 3), and 4 packs of mince to bag up (250g mince per bag).

Yesterday when we went to Reynella, then again today, Rassilon wore his new collar. It is a Dog to Hound collar. He now has 4 of this brand and his Dalek collar, plus he has another one in the mail. I love the dog to hound collars, they are big and colourful, plus they are nice and soft so they don’t hurt Rassilon.


Resplendent in his new collar.


I go to Therapy Dog Service for my training on the 24th of this month, then we are likely to get Repatriation Hospital and Daw Park Nursing Home. Fortunately they are in the same place, and there is free parking. It is also an opening for me to get into Flinders Medical Centre when Repat relocates there at the end of the year.

It should be noted that greyhounds are not the only dogs that like their comfort. I bought my mother a rocking chair. Occasionally she can use it…


This chair has been claimed.

And now for something Greyhound


When I took Rassi to meet the staff at TDS…He lay down and went to sleep.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s